Come enjoy an exciting and professional wine tasting with winemaker Nova Cadamatre, Master of Wine! She will present several wines, including her family’s brand new release, Trestle Thirty One Riesling. Afterward, she will be available to answer all the wine questions you’ve ever wanted to ask, and also discuss her ongoing consulting for the wine industry in China. Light snacks and refreshments are included.
* WHAT: Wine tasting with Master of Wine Nova Cadamatre
* WHEN: Saturday, October 21 4pm - 6pm
* WHERE: The Yard Flatiron North, 246 5th Ave, 3rd floor (at 28th St)
* WHO: International adoptees, friends and family (21+)
* COST: $5 for members of Also-Known-As and affiliate adoptee groups, $20 for non-members, $40 for event + membership (and discounts on our future events!)
Purchase tickets online or at the door.
Nova Cadamatre is the first female winemaker in the US to achieve the title of Master of Wine and one of very few American winemakers to do so. Currently, she is Director of Winemaking for Canandaigua Winery and the owner of Trestle Thirty One, a new high-end boutique winery in the beautiful Finger Lakes of upstate NY. In 2014, Nova was listed in the Wine Enthusiast's Top 40 under 40 list and has numerous 90+ scoring wines to her credit from both California and New York. As one of the first graduates of Cornell's Viticulture and Enology program in 2006, Nova relocated to California to assume a number of winemaking roles with many iconic wineries including Beringer, Chateau St. Jean, Chateau Souverain, and most recently at Robert Mondavi Winery. Nova is a WSET Alumni, blogger, wine writer, and Ningxia Winemaker Challenge silver medalist.
Bottles of Trestle Thirty One will be available for purchase during and after the tasting for $29.99 plus tax.